Our client - international product company, which is building a platform that deploys and manages private software-defined data centers fully integrated with world-leading public clouds, is looking for an experienced Principal DevOps Engineer to join their team in Kyiv.
THE MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Building and evolving of monitoring stack spanning multiple heterogeneous components and regions.
- Setting up and adding missing puzzles of CI/CD pipelines.
- Feeding back results of a post-mortem to monitoring tooling.
- Systems deployment, operations, and monitoring for the infrastructure, including design and development of infrastructure automation.
- Troubleshooting infrastructure, and architectural challenges using your existing knowledge and toolkits.
- Driving reliability and supportability aspects of Cloud service by creating knowledgebase and, working with DevOps, coordinate change management policies, deploy ticket/incident management system, service request queue triaging and auto-remediation.
- Utilization of advanced system architecture & administration skills for collaboration with engineering and product management, test and automation teams to architect and develop strategic and tactical solutions
- Help to develop requirements for customer onboarding processes, target environment sizing and migration automation.
WHAT YOU SHOULD HAVE:
- 7+ years of experience of increasing responsibility in a technical support and data center operations roles.
- Experience with Cloud data centers.
- Practical experience with some of the widespread programming languages (Python, Golang or similar).
- Deep technical knowledge in data center technologies: Large-scale Linux production environments, preferably as part of a Cloud service provider environment; data center networking fabric topologies and common architectures deployed; virtualization technologies, in particular, VMware product suite (vCenter, ESXi); cluster management systems like Kubernetes and Docker-based container deployments.
- Experience with CM tools like Chef/Puppet/Ansible.
- Practical experience with CI/CD pipelines.
- Knowledge of Web Services (REST API) and/or SDK integrations.
- Knowledge of core infrastructure components like LDAP, DNS, DHCP, etc.
- Basic knowledge of security tools and best practices.
- Upper-Intermediate level of written and spoken English.
- BS degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience.
WOULD BE A PLUS:
- Experience with Logstash, ElasticSearch, Cassandra and Kafka.
- International environment with great people to work with.
- The unique project with modern technologies.
- Professional development opportunities.
- Competitive compensation.
- Long-term official employment.
- Paid annual vacation (20 working days) and sick leaves (10 working days).
- Sports and healthcare package (medical insurance, paid gym membership).