The game development company, which develops a new AAA MMO game is looking for a passionate Technical Animator / Animation Technical Artist who is eager to work with complex animation systems, creating automation tools and animating high-quality assets for the game.
You will be a part of an animation team focusing on rigging, creating in-game setup of our characters, setting up animation systems and assist on implementing new animation-related features and creating animation tools. A secondary role is to create animations (key frame and motion capture based) for our characters, weapons and environments. You will be working directly with our animation lead, designers and various content/programmers teams. We expect you to demonstrate strong technical skills, decent animation skills, deep understanding of rigging, ability to create believable character behaviors, deep understanding of game animation systems (animation state machines, blend trees, so on) and motion capture pipelines.
- Design and improve animation pipelines.
- Maintain existing animation graph based animation system.
- Create characters rigs and related tools.
- Work closely with programmers and designers on implementing new animation system related features.
- Create automation tools and scripts for the animation team.
- Create animations (both key frame and motion capture based) for characters, weapons, and environmental objects.
- Solve animation related technical challenges.
WHAT YOU SHOULD HAVE:
- 3+ years of experience in game development or similar area as tech or gameplay animator.
- Strong knowledge of 3D modeling software (Maya and/or Motion Builder).
- Shipped products as technical or gameplay animator.
- Experience with animation state machines and blend systems of any major game engine.
- Ability to read and write documentation on English.
- Good communication and writing skills.
- Passion for making top quality games.
WOULD BE A PLUS:
- Contribution to a AAA game or products with a similar level of quality and requirements.
- Python or Mel scripting skills.
- Programming and/or scripting skills.
- Experience of working on first-person shooters.
- Knowledge of major game engine (CryEngine, Unreal, Unity or similar).
- Experience of working with version control software.
- Competitive salary based on USD rate.
- Social benefits package (compensation for gym, swimming pool, 28-days paid vacation etc.).
- Medical insurance.
- English courses
- Training programs.
- Comfortable workplace and convenient office location.
- Great team culture (corporate events and team building).