Altium Limited is a software company that provides outstanding PC-based electronics design software for engineers, such world-famous product as Altium Designer. Company is looking for experienced FIELD SUPPORT/AE SPECIALIST to work in Kyiv, R&D office. Currently we are hiring new people, due to successful release of Altium Designer 19, which lead to increase of planned new features and new great ideas.
Here you can see what new features we did, and it would give you an example of tasks complexity:
Some of our products:
Why join Altium:
If you are interested in making a major impact on a product and work on large complex parts of it, Altium is the best place of work for you! Here we have less bureaucracy and environment oriented on problem solving! You will have non trivial tasks and great engineers to work with.
We are seeking an enthusiastic, motivated, Applications Engineer with a passion for customer support focusing on our Data Management Solutions. Functioning as a liaison between R&D/QA and the Global Application Engineering team, the candidate will be responsible for providing technical assistance in characterizing, reporting, and resolving field issues.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Facilitate communication of technical issues from the field to the R&D and QA teams.
- Troubleshoot and resolve technical questions and issues in a timely manner.
- Log all issues, updating activities to tickets, and escalated tickets.
- Able to work “low volume/high complexity” issues effectively towards resolution over an extended period with multiple stakeholders.
- Constantly expand technical knowledge by exploring technical content and Altium products.
- Creation of various types of topic-based content, such as online help, online user guides, video tutorials, knowledge base articles, quick start guides and more.
- Minimum 2 years of experience in related fields, or equivalent degree/certifications.
- Operating System Administration on Windows Server (2008, 2012, 2016) and newer.
- General Software troubleshooting skills.
- Basic scripting knowledge helpful.
- Databases: Basic knowledge of Oracle 11.2/XE/etc. (simple configuration/queries execution), Firebird (2.5+).
- Basic knowledge of networking technologies.
- Experience with Virtualization (VMWare, VBox, VirtualPC).
- Experience with Traffic sniffers (Fiddler, HTTP debugger).
- Experience with Version Control Systems (SVN, Git, etc.).
- Understanding of client-server application architecture(.NET).
- Understanding of HTTP/HTTPS, WEB services architecture and IIS.
- Ability to Troubleshoot complex issues.
- Technical Writing to document & disseminate information & knowledge base articles.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Be driven, self-managed, and motivated.
Would be a plus:
- Experience with PCB design tools and knowledge of the PCB fabrication and assembly process.
- Knowledge of the business system (SalesForce) and Defect tracking system (i.e. Jira).
- Understanding of Data Management applications preferred (i.e. PLM, ERP, MRP, PDM).
- Fluency in additional spoken languages is a plus.
- Experience in software conflicts regarding Firewall/Antivirus configuration.
- Background in Technical Support or Customer Service strongly preferred.
- Competitive official salary (official employment, not private entrepreneurship basis), which is based upon your qualification;
- Sports activities;
- Paid lunches;
- Great opportunities for career and professional growth;
- Paid vacation;
- Paid sick leave.
Some videos about us:
Main stages of recruitment:
- Basic short interview (general information survey);
- Interview with CTO;
- Decision and feedback.
Career and professional growth opportunities: Everything here starts from programming and development, where a person can bring a solid contribution to the product, promote one’s ideas, introduce, prototype and eventually implement them in real life. If all of the above turns out to be working perfectly (or close to perfection:) ), there is a high chance that company will drop you a career ladder to climb up to Team Lead / Architect / Project or Product manager.
How many people are there in Kyiv:
50+ people overall headcount, where one third is quality assurance engineers. Most of the people here are experts of software engineering.
HQ: is in San Diego, USA. There are decision makers on the most critically important things around all projects and products. By the way, you might have a business trip to HQ.
Terms of work:
- there is a probation period of 3 months, after which your salary level might be reconsidered.
- Flexible schedule of 40 hours per week. We tend to hire and keep responsible, self motivated people, therefore we do not think that we need strict army-type of schedule and time-tracking.
- Overtimes - might happen in case if we didn’t meet release deadline, but we try not to let it happen.
- Paid business trips.
- Company hires people with full officially legal salary which is calculated from USD currency right. Company pays all the taxes and does not use Private Entrepreneurship as an employment scheme. Only official.
- Office location: Mykoly Hrinchenka St, 4, BC “Horizon Park” https://goo.gl/iyOVlr
- Parking among the road on both sides.