Our client - British startup which creates one of the first monetisation platforms (VR, AR, MR) for immersive technologies is looking for Lead Unity Engineer to join their development team remotely.
The team is rapidly growing and is in need of a strong software engineer leader who would take the lead on the project to create a market-leading, cutting edge product. The Lead Software Engineer will work as part of an agile scrum team where they will be responsible for ensuring the quality of products, changes and fixes moving into production through the successful coordination and delivery of testing activities.
The platform for immersive technologies (Virtual Reality, Augmented Reality and Mixed Reality) enables developers to place non-intrusive ads in their content - banners, videos and interactive 3D placements. The mission is to empower developers to be successful by giving them the right tools to monetise their immersive content.
- Lead the software development processes for Unity SDK.
- Support cross-functional dev team and promote every team member’s responsibility for the product quality.
- Ensure that the engineering team delivers product on time with expectations and the set standards.
- Make decisions about code design, architecture, and refactoring to balance technical debt against delivering functionality.
- Set and maintain quality standards, to ensure developed software meets our needs.
- Communicate progress internally, to senior inline management and other teams.
- Review code and mentor other engineers
- Support the product owner and the rest of the development team in creating a good quality product.
- Be a part of the Scrum development team.
WHAT YOU SHOULD HAVE:
- 5+ years of professional software development experience including 2 years of leading experience.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or Software Engineering preferable.
- Excellent understanding of software development processes and benefits of continuous integration.
- Excellent experience developing, releasing, and maintaining high-quality software products.
- Excellent experience in game development with Unity.
- Experience working with 3D graphics
- Expert in C++ and C#.
- Excellent Experience in setting up CI/CD pipelines.
- Deep understanding of software architecture, algorithms, design patterns, debugging and performance optimization.
- Good understanding of agile project management methodologies and sprint planning.
- Excellent communication skills, able to liaise with other team members and stakeholders.
- Good at written and verbal English.
WOULD BE A PLUS:
- Experience with other 3D engines as well as AR/VR/XR is another plus.
- Familiarity with the ad tech is a plus.
- Strong automated testing background. Experience in writing both integration and end-to-end tests for complex systems.
- Experience in native mobile applications development (Android and iOS) is a plus.
- Competitive salary.
- Remote work.
- Flexible work schedule.
- 20 vacation days.