Our regular client - Altium Limited - a leading software developer in the IT market is actively looking for an experienced and qualified QA Automation Lead who will define the Automation test strategy and approach for all CAD products and provide quality assurance leadership. You must have a proven track record of success leading and managing an automation QA team with a strong sense of quality ownership.
The focus of this position will be supporting and building the product teams’ test automation capability.
This position requires a highly motivated individual with the ability to work on multiple projects independently and as part of a project team. This is more than just a testing position; the company is looking for a strong Quality Engineering background mixed with Software Development skills.
- Plan, design, and develop test automation strategies for testing desktop CAD product.
- Lead and manage a team of SDETs and automation engineers.
- Oversee automated test execution and build out KPIs, metrics and monitoring to help measure the impact of automation and present to QA leadership.
- Communicate test progress, test results, test gaps, and other relevant information to stakeholders prioritize and triage urgent issues as necessary.
- Collaborate with tech leads and development teams to adapt current processes and tech to improve or enable automation capabilities.
- Set the standards around quality tools, frameworks and lead the implementation of those across the organization.
- Integrate automation with deployment infrastructure to establish a continuous build and test cycle.
- Continuously refine and improve automation coding standards, best practices, coding styles, and other automated testing guidelines.
- Participate in continuous delivery and deployment, take ownership, and strive to become a better problem solver.
WHAT YOU SHOULD HAVE:
- Proven ability to develop test automation for windows-based desktop software.
- Proficiency in one or more programming languages (preferably C#).
- Experience with Desktop and Web automated testing tools and frameworks: AutoIT, WinAppDriver, Winium, TestStack.White, etc.
- Familiarity with development and configuration tools (such as SVN, Git, Jira, Jenkins, Docker, AWS).
- Knowledge of database design and principles (SQL and NoSQL).
- Ability to work with minimal supervision, manage priorities, and stay organized.
- Must be a self-starter who is highly organized, hands-on, and a team player.
- Must demonstrate the ability to communicate effectively with Senior Management, supervisors, peers, and end-users.
- With strong problem solving and analytical skills with the ability to clearly communicate and share solutions with fellow team members.
WOULD BE A PLUS:
- Previous experience developing test frameworks from scratch.
- Proficiency in Performance Testing.
- Experience with log aggregation and reporting tools.
- Atlassian JIRA Admin certification is an added bonus.
- Work in a stable growing product company in a friendly atmosphere;
- A wide stack of technologies gives you opportunities to improve and extend your skills;
- Official full-time employment;
- Competitive official salary, which is based upon your qualification;
- Paid vacation;
- Paid sick leave.
Main company's products:
http://www.altium.com/ - website, and info about the main product (C#). The key point is it's Truly Unified Design - Altium Designer bridges all facets of the PCB design process to keep you seamlessly connected to every aspect of your design — at all times. This powerful PCB design software adds nearly 6,000 New users annually.
http://live.altium.com/ - online system, connected to the main product which serves as forum/ marketplace (C#)
http://circuitmaker.com/ - online community for creating electronic components (ASP.NET, C#)
https://www.altium.com/altium-365/ - it is a cloud-based Altium's platform that brings the most connected and convenient experience for Electronics design & development.
Some interesting points about Altium Limited:
Here you can check in detail what the company has already made. It can help you to understand the complexity of the tasks:
Why employees choose Altium:
If it is important for you to make a major contribution to the product and work on large-scale complex tasks, then Altium is exactly the company where you should be! They don’t have bureaucratic moments and the atmosphere is more focused on addressing the specific targets, tasks, and product issues. Altium is trying to remove obstacles and let the developer use all his skills and opportunities to do everything possible, and not only. You will be faced with nontrivial tasks.
Entertaining video about Altium Limited: