Our client - a company, which technologies have been built to extract maximum value from the search for brands, partners and businesses all over the world and also to innovate & improve the consumer experience - is now looking for Senior Big Data Engineer to join their team in Kyiv.
The company’s world-class engineers, semantic specialists, and product teams are building the future of Search and as part of the Engineering Team, you will play a key part in developing its offering. You will join the team responsible for enabling the efficient, well-organised and robust flow of data through the company’s systems, all the way from capture through to processing and delivery.
- Develop optimal, well-monitored, reliable ETL pipelines for streaming data flows;
- Working with cutting edge technologies in a fast-paced, start-up like environment;
- Carrying out efficient integration with our data providers via various API endpoints for real-time ingestion as well as support and development of current batch data integrations;
- Setting up monitoring for performance metrics and overall system behaviour to have alerts for any anomaly detected;
- Experimenting with new tools and technologies, producing POC to address business needs;
- Be a part of the self-organizing, result-oriented agile team.
WHAT YOU SHOULD HAVE:
- 5+ years in software development;
- Experience with Scala OR Java with strong desire to learn Scala;
- Experience with Hadoop, Spark;
- Experience with streaming algorithms and practical analysis of real-time data streams. Big data/scaling experience;
- Proactive self-starter who takes ownership and works well independently and as part of a team;
- Sc. in Computer Science or related field;
- Upper-Intermediate level of English (ability to work directly with English native speakers);
- Excellent communication skills.
WOULD BE A PLUS:
- Experience with Flink, Spark Streaming, KafkaStreams, or any other Event Stream Processing engine;
- Experience with Python;
- Experience with Aerospike;
- Experience with AWS.
- Flexible working hours;
- 20 days vacation, plus 2 bonus days off including your birthday and 11 of the Ukraine public holidays off;
- Medical Insurance;
- Snacks and drinks in the office;
- Sharing culture and opportunities to learn from each other's projects, diversity;
- Courses, training, conferences;
- Accountant access.