Logitech - one of the world's largest hardware companies, and distributes products, including keyboards, remotes, speakers, and smart-home devices, in more than 100 countries is looking for a Senior C++ Engineer to join their Logitech Gaming team in Cork, Ireland.
Founded in 1981 in Lausanne, Switzerland, and quickly expanding to the Silicon Valley, Logitech started connecting people through innovative computer peripherals and many industry firsts, including the infrared cordless mouse, the thumb-operated trackball, the laser mouse, and more.
Logitech is the sweet spot for people who are passionate about products, making a mark, and having fun doing it. As a company, they’re small and flexible enough for every person to take initiative and make things happen. But they’re big enough in their portfolio, and reach, for those actions to have a global impact. That’s a pretty sweet spot to be in and they’re always striving to keep it that way.
Company's website: https://www.logitech.com/en-ch
Logitech Story: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U3PWoApXXrY&t=5s
The Logitech Gaming Team is growing! Their team is focused on creating great gaming experiences with innovation and performance at the core of their products’ design.
Currently Logitech is looking for an experienced C++ developer to join their team to contribute to developing their simulation products, SDKs and more.
The successful candidate should be comfortable working with product management, design, internal and external development teams to develop an integrated, cross-platform solution. Solutions will span from end to end, starting from low-level device interaction to the customer-facing UI, and everything in between.
- Work within a professional software development team;
- Both design and implement new software as well as update and improve legacy software;
- You will be required to work with Logitech security standards and safe coding best practices to assure their exposure to security breaches and other potential security problems can be averted or minimized;
- As a member of Logitech team, you will be expected to participate in code reviews and provide feedback on other’s work. As required, you may be asked to lead code reviews, set code review standards or participate in cross-company forums for improving their coding and review practices;
- Be autonomous with excellent time management and communication skills;
- You will be expected to follow excellent development and documentation practices for code produced, and to promote such practices within the team;
- Mentor junior developers, review code from your peers, and help the team grow their skills;
- Willing to travel overseas to work with other software teams;
- Be passionate about technology, this won't just be work for you, it will be your idea of fun!
WHAT YOU SHOULD HAVE:
- 6+ years experience of software design & development;
- Knowledge of C/C++ - including C++17;
- Be well versed in number-bases and bitwise operations;
- Knowledge of the GIT version control system;
- MSc in Computer Science or equivalent technical field.
WOULD BE A PLUS:
- Relevant work experience, including hands-on software development experience for PC / macOS / linux;
- Previous exposure to HID devices and talking to firmware;
- Have studied and have used software design patterns;
- Being well-read on best practices in the areas of test-driven development is a bonus.
- Official employment and competitive salary level;
- Plenty of vacation time (28 calendar days per year plus Public Holidays) and paid sick leaves;
- Logitech product discounts: you may receive a 50% discount on any product available on logitech.com (excluding B2B products and spare parts). Employees can also offer a 35% discount on products to family and friends;
- Paid Parental Leave;
- Health insurance;
- Employee Assistance Program;
- Wellness programs and gym/sport benefits & discounts;
- Company social events;
- Providing modern working equipment;
- Work alongside passionate people that push limits.