Our client - Europe’s first Mobile Bank with a full European banking license is looking for a competent Senior Data Engineer (Spark) to join their team in Berlin.
- Participating in efforts to scale and improve the Data Warehouse.
- Involving in everything related to relational (and also NoSQL) databases: design, maintenance, migrations, administration, configuration, etc.
- Educating developers and engineers about the best practices in clean database design.
- Performing audits of existing databases, figuring out possible improvements and ways to implement them efficiently.
WHAT YOU SHOULD HAVE:
- 5+ years of experience as Data Engineer.
- Working experience with Spark and Parquet.
- Strong knowledge of SQL.You could probably write a tutorial on it.
- Fluency in Python. People love to read your well-commented code.
- Detective-level attention to detail and self-discipline that others would love.
- English - full professional proficiency.
- Excited to work with ground breaking technology, take chances, experiment and discover new and more efficient ways to get things done.
WOULD BE A PLUS:
- Knowledge of other big data tools (Hive, Drill, Impala, Presto, etc. ) as well as AWS EMR
- High degree of autonomy.
- Flat hierarchy and open communication.
- A stack of the most modern technologies.
- Working with international, highly engaged peers.
- Getting things done attitude.
- Exciting challenges.
- 24 paid vacation days per annum.
- Getting Stuff Done days for your own projects (once per 6 weeks).
- 1500 EUR per annum - educational budget after probation period.
- Urban Sports Club (USC) corporate discounts.
- Public transportation discount.
- Relocation package + visa assistance.