Matterway - a German product company whose mission is to liberate employees from frustrating, mundane, difficult-to-use software and to make companies more productive, agile and profitable is actively looking for a Full Stack NodeJS/React Developer. You could join their team and work remotely. Or the company will help you with relocation to Berlin and you'll have an opportunity to work from the company's head office.
Their product - an Assistant Platform - is the first platform to free employees from busy work by removing digital friction from software and processes. Matterway guides employees across screens and systems from start to finish, automating mundane, error-prone tasks, and putting the human at the center of crucial decisions.
Such Matterway's customers as Audi, Bentley, Nestle, Lufthansa, Deutsche Bahn, Porsche, Lamborghini, Mercedes-Benz, and many others use Matterway's product to make their internal processes more productive and profitable.
The company's website: https://matterway.io/
Here you can check how their product make employees life easier: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sx5Eql0Sqls&t=1s
As a core member of the company's product team, you'll be hands-on from the very beginning, designing the core architecture, setting up standards, and taking technical responsibility. They are an engineering-centric company working on solving complex problems. So if you are tired of hacking together libraries from GitHub, and copy-pasting Stack Overflow solutions, and are interested in innovative R&D - we are sure this opportunity is right for you!
- You will work in a dynamic, collaborative environment with outstanding & seasoned developers;
- You will collaborate within the product team with a product manager, designer, and other developers to create solutions for hard technical & business problems;
- You will participate in, and manage the full development cycle: including scoping, design, effort estimation, coding, testing, debugging, code reviews, maintenance, and support.
WHAT YOU SHOULD HAVE:
- You have hands-on experience in architecture, design, coding, and implementation of complex, custom-built applications;
- You have experience in debugging and profiling applications, you have dealt with memory leaks before;
- You feel at home with libraries like React, Redux and in the NPM ecosystem;
- Working experience with Puppeteer, Chrome DevTools Protocol, GraphQL, NoSQL or AWS is a plus;
- You should speak and write English at a fluent level.
WOULD BE A PLUS:
- Working experience with Puppeteer, Chrome DevTools Protocol, GraphQL, NoSQL or AWS.
MORE REASONS TO CHOOSE MATTERWAY:
- They work in an informal, collaborative, transparent, honest, non-hierarchical, ego-free culture where your contribution is valued over a role, or title;
- They have experience in sponsoring visas and helping their employees in relocating to Berlin;
- Their office in the center of Berlin, near Alexanderplatz, is stylish & cozy, but if you prefer to work remotely, this position can be filled in a +/-3 hours time difference;
- They’re small but fast-growing, you’ll get to learn a lot working alongside incredibly talented and like-minded people in a very open environment;
- Your work will be used by thousands of employees at some of the largest companies in Europe.
WORK ORGANIZATION AT MATTERWAY:
- Following Kanban methodology, no sprint;
- Daily stand-ups;
- Working schedule - 40h / week;
- Flexible hours to organize with your team;
- Annual leaves: 27 days of paid time off, 10 days of public holidays;
- Relocation package: covering relocation costs (one flight) + assistance with immigration process (visa / blue card);
- Fortnightly retrospectives;
- Weekly releases;
- When required pair programming.
CULTURE AT MATTERWAY:
- International team: 15 different nationalities (Germany, Austria, Argentina, Ukraine, Egypt, Belgium, India, Canada, France, Italy, Morocco, Nigeria, Poland, Tunisia, Chile);
- Small team: high impact position, high contribution, strong growth opportunities;
- Transparency: clear visibility on the company goals / organization; they share their high level financials, product decisions and hiring plans: full transparency into the company strategy and operations; great opportunity to learn the mechanics of a startup.
- Language: your future teammates speak English as the company communication language; knowing German is always great but mostly not required (except for specific customer-facing roles); if you relocate to Germany, you can easily take German classes in the city, you can expect to speak conversational German within 1 to 3 years.
- Screening chat with Head of Engineering (15-30 min). Topics: experience, motivation, communication, get to know Matterway & the role;
- Technical assignment (2h-3h): representative of the complexity you will face at Matterway;
- Cultural Fit Interview with CEO & one other Senior team member (2h): motivation, growth mindset, communication.