Our client - an innovative research and product development company - is looking for a competent and skilful Software Development Engineer in Test with great knowledge of Python to join their team in Kyiv or Lviv.
You will work on a test automation system for the company`s devices. There are 200+ test-devices in the lab, 35+ different products and about 1k+ of firmware test cases across all products. You will be assigned to the specific device-family to raise the quality bar there.
THE MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES ARE:
- Test framework development using Python 3.7 (back-end mock services development, device HAL development and support, test-lib development and support of wrappers for: wifi, uart, ssh, relay controller, network emulator, ALS, power measurement etc.).
- Functional test cases development for the firmware.
- Test-lab maintenance & extension (adding new test-beds into the lab and supporting the existing ones, extending and supporting device provisioning and monitoring solutions).
- Release test execution & analysis, as well as raising/verifying issues and decision making according to release criteria.
WHAT YOU SHOULD HAVE:
- Strong Python knowledge.
- Experience with Linux systems.
- Strong CS fundamentals (data structures, algorithms, design patterns, etc.).
- Other scripting languages experience (e.g. bash, groovy) is an asset.
- Experience in writing development support tools such as parsers, profilers, data visualization tools etc.
- Understanding DevOps and CI tools (Jenkins, Gerrit, GitLab).
- Understanding the classic test pyramid.
- Good written and spoken English.
WOULD BE A PLUS:
- Experience with Raspberry Pi / Arduino.
- Experience in embedded SW development.
- Experience with 802.11 protocols.
- Experience with audio/video data streaming.
- Working on impactful security products and the opportunity to use them personally.
- Challenging tasks, professional growth and semiannual performance review.
- Competitive salary and perks.
- PE accounting and support.
- WFH and remote working mode possibility.
- Social package, including medical insurance available from the first month and sports compensation after the trial period.
- 18 paid vacation days per year, paid public holidays according to the Ukrainian legislation.
- Educational possibilities like courses, knowledge hubs, and free corporate English classes.
- Free meals, fruits, and snacks when working in the office.