Successful US Product Company, delivering great security hardware and IoT solutions with office in Ukraine is looking for a strong Technical Managers with strong background in software engineering and proven leadership skills.
As a Technical delivery manager, you will be responsible for the delivery of complex projects / products / line of products and engage with all business units - Product, Legal, Development, Factories to manage short and long-term needs for the product's launch. You will work closely with other TDMs’ (in Kyiv and other locations) to coordinate and facilitate the execution of business needs, while simultaneously keeping teams focused on hitting their commitments and execute the program budget.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Collaborate with business, product management, engineering, and other teams to define and own projects and features (note: technical manager doesn’t perform direct engineering and development management and has no direct reports);
- Solve day-to-day challenges which occur during SDLC;
- Delivery of new products/line of products/complex projects from the initiation stage to stores;
- Post-launch support process implementation;
- Define, document and present projects and features from the high-level perspective;
- Manage day-to-day operational aspects of a project and scope;
- Effectively communicate relevant project information to management;
- Work with product management to agree on production schedules;
- Route work between all responsible people in all stages of development;
- Convey project changes and updates to appropriate team members;
- Prepare regular status reports and distribute them internally and externally if necessary;
- Hold regular status meetings within Technical Management organization;
- Ensure documents and digital assets are completed, updated, and stored appropriately;
- Resolve and/or escalate issues promptly;
- Manage both internal and external approvals;
- Monitor scope creep and re-scopes projects if necessary.
Qualifications and Skills
- Teamwork — knowing how to listen, share, cooperate and learn together as a team;
- Positive attitude — important for difficult times incurred along the way throughout the process;
- Ability to articulate expectations — define expectation to the team and expectations on your deliverables to your management;
- Manage by example — must be straightforward and knowledgeable in all dealings;
- Be direct, do not over-promise and under-deliver.
- Practical experience (may be outdated) with embedded, mobile or cloud development;
- Understanding of technologies and trends in embedded/mobile/cloud (depending on expertise area);
- List of proven deliveries;
- Advanced skills in using project support/monitoring tools such as JIRA and Confluence.
Leadership Qualification Requirements:
- 5+ years of Project Management experience;
- BS in Computer Science or related Engineering field;
- Manage complex cross-functional teams deliverables;
- Proven ability to deliver in a changing environment;
- Experience building and maintaining Scrum process;
- Strong interpersonal, analytical, problem-solving, negotiation, and conflict resolution skills with an ability to motivate teams and deliver results;
- Ability to grow, scale, and sustain high performing groups and leaders;
- Excellent presentation skills;
- Advanced level of English.
Would be a plus:
- PMI certificate would be a plus.
- Working for one of the top product companies in the world;
- Opportunity to influence the products quality;
- Challenging tasks;
- Competitive salary;
- Relocation bonus;
- PE accounting and support;
- 18 paid vacation days per year;
- Fully equipped A-class office space in the business center;
- Social package, including gym membership compensation, medical insurance;
- Free meals, fruits and sweets;
- Educational possibilities, knowledge hub and free English classes.