Tide.co - the leading provider of digital business banking services in the UK and one of the fastest-growing FinTechs in the UK is actively expanding its team in Ukraine and actively looking for an ambitious Senior Java Engineer to join their global team remotely.
As a Senior Java Engineer, you will be working on new and existing projects across the company's business areas. They have a long roadmap ahead of them, with exciting new features and you’ll be solving interesting problems while collaborating with the rest of the Tide team to achieve their mission to save small and medium businesses time and money.
- Over 370,000 members and growing rapidly;
- Over 700 Tideans globally - they’re diversity champions!
- They have raised over £200 million in funding;
- They have offices in Central London, with a member support and technology center in Sofia, Bulgaria, a technology center in Hyderabad, India, and offices in Gurugram, India;
- Tide is the leading provider of UK SME business accounts and one of the fastest-growing fintech in the UK.
Company's website with more information about their product: https://www.tide.co/
Company's blog: https://www.tide.co/blog/
- Working on internal projects of the company. Your fellow team members will get you up to speed and will help you develop the skills so that you are the one coaching other new joiners;
- Becoming part of one of their expanding agile teams and actively collaborating with your colleagues from the other Backend and iOS, Android, Web, QA, DevOps, Agile, Data, and Product teams at Tide to translate requirements into well-engineered solutions;
- Joining Tide's backend Community of Practices, learn from them, and propose your own at some point to maintain high quality across the backend. Career progression is as important to you as it is for the company.
WHAT YOU SHOULD HAVE:
- Extensive experience building server-side applications and detailed knowledge of the relevant programming languages for your stack (i.e Java 8 or newer);
- Have sound knowledge of a Java backend framework (e.g. Spring/Spring Boot);
- Have experience with microservices or implementing and consuming RESTful APIs;
- Demonstrate a mindset of delivering secure, well-tested, and well-documented software;
- Willing to own your code from development to production;
- Have experience with relational databases;
- Have some exposure to continuous integration, delivery, and deployment;
- You are comfortable working in agile methodologies, ideally Scrum;
- Have utilized common development tools such as IntelliJ, Git, Jira, etc;
- At least Upper-intermediate level of English.
WOULD BE A PLUS:
- Previous experience with AWS.
- Full-time remote;
- Competitive salary with annual reviews;
- 25 days annual leave, additional days of on national holidays in Ukraine and 6 days sick leave;
- Flexible working options;
- Company stock options;
- A laptop and accessories that you might need for work will be provided;
- Occasional traveling to Tide’s offices in Sofia and London is expected post-pandemic;
- Support with relocation to Sofia (Bulgaria) if you wish;
- Great opportunities for career and professional growth;
- International team environment.
TECH STACK OF THE PROJECT:
- On the backend, they see Java 8 as legacy and use Java 11+ for their micro-services;
- They provide RESTful APIs to their colleagues in the frontend;
- Spring Boot is their workhorse, but they are open to new experiments;
- They are cloud-native and run everything on AWS;
- You’ll see containers (Docker), queues (SNS+SQS, Kafka), and events everywhere;
- The nature of their business naturally fits with relational databases, but they have also found some use cases for NoSQL;
- Their frontends have done an incredible job at consuming Tide's APIs and providing the best UX to their members. They are native Android and iOS apps or Angular 2+ web apps;
- The Cloud Engineering team provides them with vital infrastructure and DevOps support on the cloud.
- Talent screen (30 to 40 mins);
- Functional screen with two Engineers from a team (45 mins);
- Live coding session - designing a RESTful API from scratch (3 hours).