Aptem - a successful fast-growing B2B SaaS platform with a headquarter in the UK is looking for an experienced Senior Software Tester to join their team.
The company is developing award-winning technology solutions for the vocational training, further education and employability sectors and working mainly with government projects. Across the UK, Aptem is delighting training and employability providers, universities, colleges, tutors, assessors, employers and, most importantly, learners and jobseekers.
Aptem's mission is to create innovations that unleash new levels of efficiency, productivity and personal growth – something that we have been achieving since 2009.
As the company continues to grow and expand, we have an exciting opportunity for a Lead or high performing Senior Software Tester to join our team, to help bring our testing discipline forward to the next level and to work within our testing discipline to share good practice and experience with our more junior testers.
The vacancy is remote, but it will be also possible to join the team in Kyiv once their office will be reopened.
You’ll be someone that’s looking for a challenge, eager to learn and develop, has passion for Agile methodologies, and wants to be part of a collaborative high-performing technology organisation in a fast-growing scale-up company.
You’ll have an energy that inspires those around you and engages team members to learn from their mistakes and grow in their disciplines. With a strong emphasis on outcomes and our customers, you’ll be constantly pushing Aptem forward in our thinking, our approach, and our strategy to building high performing teams.
- Scrum team tester dedicated to a single feature team
- Work closely with Product Owners and Delivery Management to facilitate the planning and successful delivery of current and future sprints
- Participate fully in typical Agile team ceremonies, including daily stand-ups, retrospectives, refinement, estimation, and sprint reviews
- Work collaboratively with whole scrum team to ensure a high-quality delivery to customers
- Cooperate with other testers and others executing testing during the regression testing process, as well as working to maintain and improve regression test coverage as needed
- Participate in our Test Community meetings, including helping facilitate workshops and deliver training on areas of expertise (or research and deliver workshops in areas of especial need)
- Provide coaching and mentorship to team members, peers, colleagues, and anyone else that may help improve quality.Drive transparency and encourage collaboration both inside and outside of scrum teams
- Act as a coach to the business on Quality techniques and the benefits that they deliver
What you should have:
- Minimum of four years’ experience as a software tester (or equivalent demonstrable experience in a related, hands-on technical field).
- Knowledge of different Agile frameworks, including Scrum and Kanban.
- Experience working within software development scrum teams.
- Comprehension of multiple techniques and approaches when testing software.
- Strong communication skills, including English language to a B2 or higher fluency.
- Experience working with a co-located team, distributed team, and remote team.
- Continual drive for higher standards of practice within the testing discipline.
- Experience working in a product environment.
Good to have:
- Experience applying testing concepts such as Testing vs Checking, Shift Left/Right, Session-Based Exploratory Testing and the role of automation in the quality process.
- English language to a C1 or native fluency
- A desire to grow and advance within the testing function
- Ability to work with trust and minimal supervision
- Strong ability to take ownership of problems and work towards resolutions
- Experience using a code-based automation framework such as Playwright, Selenium or Cypress.
- Remote full-time job (also possible to work from the office in Kyiv in future).
- 20 paid holiday days per annum
- 5 paid sick days per annum
- Competitive salary level.
- Flexible working hours (with a core day of 10am - 7pm to align with UK time)
- English tuition
- In case if overtimes happen and approved - it is paid at a rate of 1.5 x salary at the discretion of the CTO