Our client - a UK based video processing product and AI technology solution company, is looking for a C++ Video Engineer to join their team. You will be working on their flagship product – the world’s first advanced video analytics platform with the intelligence to expedite data analysis and provide real-time results through facial recognition, object and threat detection, helping law enforcement identify criminals and solve crimes.
Product is widely used for smart cities, critical infrastructure, airports and public transportation, law enforcement, etc.
- Your responsibilities will include standardizing, maintaining, improving and extending video conversion software, which solves the complex issue of reading hundreds of different proprietary video formats and converting them to a single standard format, ready to be consumed by the AI and streaming modules;
- Work revolves around extending and maintaining the Video Importer Application functionality, owning the releases and updates, scaling the system, adding real-time support, and potentially moving it to the cloud, amongst other tasks. It may also include extending the range of formats supported by the reverse engineering of video formats, writing new decoders and integrating them into the system.
WHAT YOU SHOULD HAVE:
- 4+ years of commercial experience in software development ;
- At least 2+ years of experience with modern C and C++ (17+);
- Experience developing projects using video analytics or similar;
- Upper Intermediate level of English.
WOULD BE A PLUS:
- Experience with video codecs (FFmpeg or similar).
- Competitive salary;
- Remote working;
- Paid vacation (25 days).
- Great team;
- Possibility to work with a modern, flexible, cutting edge tech stack on a project with a socially important impact.