Roku.com - a well-known high-tech company that develops a high-end streaming hardware platform that connects the entire TV ecosystem around the world - is looking for an ambitious and motivated Senior Software Development Engineer in Test! Their team’s mission is to build a world-class platform for data analytics and machine learning to fuel existing and new business-critical initiatives. The petabyte-scale platform supports near-real-time stream processing as well as large-scale batch processing.
Senior Software Development Engineer in Test will be responsible for driving key software quality engineering initiatives for Roku video platform. You will be part of an agile, self-governing engineering team where you have the ability to switch hats between talking to various product engineering stakeholders, building test frameworks and leading the path forward in software quality automation with modern cloud-based continuous integration and continuous deployment frameworks. Your efforts in software quality engineering will ensure the robustness and scalability of the platform as the company expands to support new and exciting product initiatives.
- Build product test strategies, design, create and execute a comprehensive suite of test cases against our cloud-based video services platform.
- Emphasize performance, stress, and scalability testing.
- Reproduce customer issues, write regression tests, track defects and verify fixes.
- Enhance and extend the test automation framework, systems, and libraries, and improve developer productivity through better tools, processes and frameworks.
- Analyze and troubleshoot test failures, drive resolution, and communicate test results across stakeholders.
- Collaborate with stakeholder groups across Product and Engineering to identify common pain points, develop solutions, evangelize best practices, and align with them on product quality goals and measurements.
WHAT YOU SHOULD HAVE:
- 5+ years in a Software Engineering or Test Automation role working on large-scale web applications.
- Good understanding of microservices architecture, and proven track record in testing and automating testing of web scale, cloud service platforms using REST APIs with Java as the development language.
- Cross-feature problem solving skills, ability to troubleshoot, identify and resolve defects.
- Passionate about leveraging test automation to dramatically increase the speed and quality of software delivery processes.
- Experience with automation frameworks such as JUnit, TestNG, Selenium, Cucumber, etc.
- Strong programming expertise, and a robust grasp of operating systems concepts, algorithms and data structures, and database fundamentals.
- Excellent interpersonal, written and oral communication skills, and ability to collaborate effectively with inter-disciplinary teams and management.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or equivalent; Master's degree preferred.